Sunday, February 1, 2009

Theme Day: Paths and Passages

This month's theme could mean many things, opening the door (so to speak) to many photographic opportunities and interpretaitons. The first thing I planned to photograph was a narrow passage between two buildings on Main Street which I have seen many times. As I was walking around looking for it, I also saw an intesting gate into a stone patio. I'll post both of those later this week.

I found THIS passage quite by accident.


The monochromatic coloring and tight cropping add mystery to the image. Is this a secret passage to a private society? Perhaps the doorway leads to a dark, dangerous dungeon hiding dead bodies. Maybe it's just the side door to a local restaurant. Look for it some day, if you dare.

Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

4 comments:

Jilly said...

Ah yes, where does it lead? A nice take on today's Theme.

Virginia said...

Nice one Bernie. Now you have me all curious. The tight crop is perfect and the monochrome as well.
V

Bernie said...

It is actually the side door to The Main Cup, a local restaurant. The tight crop adds intrigue. And believe it or not, those colors are real - just slightly enhanced.

Lachezar said...

Very mysterious indeed, but a beautiful photograph nevertheless.
Thanks for visiting and your kind comment.
Cheers!