Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Darling Hydrant

Walking around town gives you a much more interesting perspective than driving through. As you drive past this fire hydrant, you might notice that it is red. That's about it; there is not much else to see from your car.

But walk past it and you'll see the words American Darling stamped onto the hydrant. I had no idea what that meant as I took the picture ... I just wanted to show the irony of the word 'darling' on a fire hydrant.



So I looked it up, and discovered two things: American Darling is a fire hydrant brand and there are fire hydrant web sites.

1 comment:

Leeds daily photo said...

I am often surprised by the various websites I stumble upon and wonder if there are any niche interests not yet catered for. I would never have thought that an American Darling was a fire hydrant.