Wednesday, December 31, 2008

All The Way From Wisconsin

Middletown is a hot tourist destination! These two people came all the way from Wisconsin to see it.


Well, there is a little more to the story than that. Linda and Harold do live in Wisconsin. They are friends of mine visiting the DC area and they came up to Middletown to spend the afternoon with my wife and me. They have seen the pictures on this web site and wanted to see the town in person.

We walked around a little, did some shopping at Snallygaster, took in some of the history of the area and had a very nice late lunch at the Main Cup.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photograph and interesting read.

I don't have a lot to say about last year or this new year but here are some thoughts...

I hope 2009 will be better than 2008, 2007, and 2006. I do think our
government will be inspired by our new President Obama -- at least I
hope so.

I would like to see the War in Irag end and I would like to see the
killing stop everywhere.

It is my hope that Japan will stop slaughtering whales and raping
virgin forests.

And I hope the people will lose their clubs and no longer club baby
seals to death.

What a world we have and live in. 2009 could be so much better than it will be.

Linda V. said...

Nice pic Bernie! Didn't have a chance to see it until today - New Year's Eve. Thanks for a great time, it was so good to see you and Marilyn. We hope you have a wonderful New Year! See you in the spring!