Monday, December 1, 2008

Theme Day: Circles/Spheres


When I first learned that this month's theme would be circles and spheres I wasn't sure I'd participate. I couldn't really think of anything other than the clock on the Mt. Zion Church steeple, a circular object that I've photographed way too many times. So I searched through older photos I had not posted yet and ran across a few shots of playground equipment in Middletown Park. Wow! Circles!

I went back to the park last week and shot this one for theme day. Visit my other photo site for a few more.

And here is something I didn't notice about this photograph till I was about to post it: there are more than just the four obvious circles on this object. There are circles (holes) on the platform, the support tubes are circular, the mounting brackets are circular and the screws are circular.

One more thing: as I look at this piece of playground equipment I'm smiling like I'm still a kid playing on it. The circle of life?

Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

1 comment:

Ben Nakagawa said...

Belated greetings, from Nelson. Thanks for visit and comment!

Yeah, it's so hard to find and then if you look around there are so many circles. Like a 0 on your speed mater, staring wheel...