Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Cold and Getting Colder

Did I ever mention that I grew up in the South? Louisiana, to be specific. Although I've lived in northern climates for most of the past thirty years, temperatures below forty are still a jolt to my system.



I love the four seasons here, but I really wish we could have them without the cold.



The coldest it got in New Orleans during my youth was 15 (Fahrenheit, -9 Celcius). The normal low during most winters was in the 30s. The hottest it got was 98F (37C) but the humidity number was also 98 quite often. Here in Maryland I've seen lows below 0F (-18C) and highs above 100F (38C). I've experienced colder winters living in Wisconsin and hotter summers in Texas.

I shouldn't complain about 38 (3C) last week when I took this picture.

No comments: